For quota students - МГУТУ им. К.Г. Разумовского (ПКУ)

For quota students

Information for international students admitted to the K.G. Razumovsky Moscow State University of Technology and Management within the framework of the Russian Federation Government Decree No. 2150 of December 18, 2020 "On Establishing Quotas for Education of Foreign Citizens and Stateless Persons in the Russian Federation".

Dear students! We are glad that you will be studying at K.G. Razumovsky Moscow State University of Technology and Management within the quota for foreign citizens and stateless persons in the Russian Federation. Please read the information below carefully to help you plan your arrival and start your studies at the university.


  1. Contact the university representatives on Telegram at (+7 995 922 0255) to always have the latest information and to work with us to coordinate the process of arrival and the start of training.
  2. Check the status of your application in your personal profile ( If the status of the application is "Distributed", then you must wait for the Ministry of Science and Higher Education to issue a study referral (the official document that is the basis for your admission to the host university). If the status of the application is "Directed", it means that we already got your referral letter, and you can plan your arrival in Moscow for admission, do not forget to inform us about your arrival in advance.
    1. Status "Distributed": means that you have been successfully allocated to a particular educational institution. Next, wait for the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia to prepare and upload the educational referrals required by the educational organisations for your enrollment. This may take some time, no additional action is required of you, just wait. At this time, it is also recommended to prepare all documents that will be required in the future for enrollment and dormitory check-in (list below).
    2. Status "Directed": The Ministry of Education and Science of Russia has formed a referral and has already sent it to us. You can plan to come to Russia. Candidates from visa countries need to pay attention to the fact that visa information necessary for visa issuance will appear at the "bottom" of the application in your personal profile ( It does not depend on the appearance of the statuses "Distributed" or "Directed". It may appear in one of these statuses at any time. After the visa information appears, contact the Russian diplomatic mission (Embassy or Consulate) in your country to apply for a study visa.
  3. If you require a visa to enter the Russian Federation, in addition to a study letter (status "Directed"), you are required to obtain visa designation information (also available in the system As soon as the visa information appears in the system, it means that the relevant information has been transferred to the Embassy of the Russian Federation in your country and you can apply to the Embassy for a visa. Please check in advance on the website of the Embassy of the Russian Federation or by phone at the Embassy of the Russian Federation what documents are required for registration of the study visa (we advise you to prepare these documents as far in advance as possible). Please note, the university does not issue a visa invitation to obtain a visa. The visa information from your profile is used to obtain a visa as an invitation. The visa information in your profile looks something like this:
  1. As soon as the status of your application is "Directed" (and there is a visa in your passport - in case you need a visa to enter Russia), you can plan to purchase tickets and come to Moscow. Higher education programs will begin in September, 01 (settlement in the dormitory begins August 25). Study at the additional general education program to prepare foreign citizens (preparatory department) begins in mid-October, depending on the filling of the group and the arrival of other students.
  2. Check the list of documents you will need to bring with you for admission and check into the university dormitory:
    1. Identity document (passport) and certified translation into Russian;
    2. Visa (in case you need a visa to enter the Russian Federation);
    3. Document on previous education (certificate with appendices or diploma with appendices), as well as a certified translation into Russian. Sometimes legalisation (or apostille) of the document on previous education is required (depending on the country of issue of the document, if required, you can check it here: Legalisation (apostille) can be done only in the country of issue of the document, so it is very important to check and make sure that your educational document is legalised (has an apostille) if required. You will not be able to go through these procedures in Russia, which will make it difficult to enrol in higher education programs.
    4. Migration card (issued when crossing the border of the Russian Federation) - don't forget to inform at the border that your purpose of arrival to Russia is "Study/Education" (if you declare another purpose of entry, the university will not be able to extend the temporary stay and you will have to leave the territory of the Russian Federation in 90 days after entry);
    5. Medical certificates (documents) confirming the absence of contraindications for studying (all documents must have a certified translation into Russian):
      1. medical certificate 086-U or a similar medical report, which confirms the possibility to study and live in a dormitory (the certificate must have a therapist's statement, as well as a dermatologist's statement);
      2. a dermatologist opinion/certificate (in case the main medical certificate does not contain a dermatologist's opinion);
      3. HIV certificate;
      4. fluorography results;
      5. Vaccination certificate (list of all vaccinations/inoculations administered);
      6. results of a negative test for coronavirus (if available).
    6. 3x4 cm colour photos - 6 photos (for student ID cards, passes, visa extension and other documents);
    7. The policy of voluntary medical insurance (VMI), valid in Russia at the date of entry into the Russian Federation (point 5, Article 27, Federal Law of 15.08.1996 N 114-FZ "On the order of exit from the Russian Federation and entry into the Russian Federation"). We advise you to take out an insurance policy for a short period of time (for example, for 3-4 weeks). Immediately after your arrival in Moscow, you will be able to obtain a VHI policy for one year in Moscow insurance companies (policies issued in Moscow offer a greater range of services and are generally cheaper than the VHI policy issued outside of Russia).
  3. Information for citizens who at the moment of crossing the border of the Russian Federation have not yet reached the age of 18 (minor foreign nationals): In accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation, minors aged from fourteen to eighteen years perform transactions with the written consent of their legal representatives - parents, adoptive parents or guardian (Article 26, the Civil Code of the Russian Federation). Therefore, foreign nationals who have not attained the age of majority (18 years) at the time of entry into the Russian Federation must execute all necessary documents in the presence of a parent, legal representative, or guardian. If you are arriving alone and it is impossible for a legal representative to arrive, then additional documents will be required:
    1. A power of attorney or other document authorising you to cross the state border of your state and the state border of the Russian Federation on your own without your parents (legal representatives), notarized;
    2. Notarized power of attorney (in Russian) stating that parents / legal representatives entrust employees (without giving names of specific employees) of the FSBEI VO "K.G. Razumovsky Moscow State Technical University" (legal address of organisation: 109004, Moscow, Zemlyanoy Val, 73) to be legal representatives of the minor son / daughter in the Russian Federation on various issues in accordance with the laws of the Russian Federation, including, but not limited to the following cases: signing a lease of living quarters; registration of the minor son / daughter on the territory of the Russian Federation; registration of the minor daughter as a citizen of the Russian Federation.
    3. Notarized application for a place in the dormitory by the legal representative of an underage student: the form can be downloaded from the section about dormitories.
    4. Original birth certificate (which contains the parents' full name) or other document confirming the authority of the legal representative who signed the powers of attorney from the points above + translation of this document into Russian;
    5. A copy of the passport of the parent (legal representative) who signed the documents from the items above + translation of this document into Russian.
  4. Check additional requirements for foreign nationals entering the Russian Federation (Depending on when you plan to cross the Russian border, different requirements may apply. For example, foreign nationals may be required to present a negative result of a PCR test for COVID-19 made no earlier than 48 hours prior to arrival in the Russian Federation, in English or Russian).
  5. Inform the University in advance of the date and time of arrival to Russia at least a week before. If you are planning to study in higher education programmes, you should inform the staff of the International Students Centre.  If you plan to study in a preparatory department, be sure to inform the staff of the Preparatory Department for International Students of the date and time of arrival. Contact details of the staff can be found here.
  6. After arrival at Moscow airport we advise you to get to the city centre (you can build a route in any navigator program, e.g. Google Maps or Yandex Maps) by public transport (aeroexpress and metro) or use an official app of one of the taxi services. Don't accept services of private drivers that you will be offered at the airport - there is a great risk to overpay by several times in comparison with the cost of an official taxi (average cost of a ride from the airport to the city centre is from 900 to 2500 rubles, depending on the distance and level of service).
  7. After arriving in Moscow you must first go to the university to apply for admission and check into the dormitory (admission and processing of documents is Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; if you arrive in Moscow on a weekend or late at night, please plan your own accommodation before you arrive at the university, you can use hotel and hostel reservation services that you can find through an Internet search engine or contact a university representative for advice).
    1. Citizens who will study on Bachelor's and Master's degree programs come to the International Students Centre (Moscow, 71 Zemlyanoy Val St., office 306).
    2. Citizens who will study at the preparatory department should apply to the Preparatory Department for International Students (Moscow, 38, Narodnogo Opolcheniya Street, Bldg. 2, 5th floor, office 510).
  8. After all the documents for admission have been drawn up, you can go to the university's dormitory. Please check the list of documents: if some of them are missing, the administration of the hostel has the right to refuse to accept you until you've submitted a full set of documents. You can find the check-in procedure, list of documents and payment conditions on the page on accommodation for international students. Please note the cost of accommodation in the available accommodation facilities. You will need to pay the cost of accommodation for a period of 1 month or more at the time of check-in.
  9. On the day of check-in in the dormitory personally come with documents to the Department of migration and visa support ( for placement on the migration account (registration). Reception mode Monday - Friday from 9.00 till 18.00, lunch from 13-14. In case of failure to show up on the day of check-in and registration failure, the university has the right to terminate the contract of residence in the dormitory, as well as to expel the student for violation of the requirements of Russian migration legislation, so timely registration is very important. In order to register with the migration service, the following documents are required:
    1. passport and a translation to it;
    2. an agreement of residence in the dormitory;
    3. a migration card with the purpose of entry "Study" (issued when crossing the border of the Russian Federation);
    4. Extract from the order of enrollment and certificate of form No. 7 (can be obtained at the university in 2-3 days after all documents are processed in the Admissions Committee and enrolled at the university; in the initial migration registration for a period of up to 90 days is not required).
  10. Purchase a health insurance policy for 1 year (you can get it from any insurance company, the main thing is that the policy must have insurance coverage of at least 500,000 rubles, and include outpatient care, emergency medical care, inpatient care/hospitalisation, and repatriation services to the country of citizenship). The policy can also be taken out online (you must have a bank card issued by a Russian bank). The policy costs from 6,000 to 7,500 rubles per year, depending on the insurance program. After the policy is issued, submit a photo of the policy to the university. More information about the health insurance offers:
  11. After registration, you can get a bank card of the payment system MIR at any bank (there are free cards, and there are cards with an annual fee for service). This card can be used to pay for goods and services in Russia.
  12. Wait for enrollment in the university (usually it takes several working days after submission of all required documents).
  13. Issue a pass and a student ID card at the university student office (
  14. Apply for a Moscow Student Card (if you are a full-time undergraduate, graduate, specialist or postgraduate student). The Moscow Student Card allows you to travel at a reduced rate on public transport in Moscow ( To obtain the card you will need to obtain a SNILS ( To do this, go to the My Documents Centre (MFC ) or the Pension Fund of the Russian Federation ( SNILS must be obtained and submitted to the university (student office) to be able to obtain a Muscovite's card ( Without SNILS it is not possible to get a card. The service is free of charge.
  15. Submit documents for visa extension to the Migration and Visa Support Office if you need a visa to enter the Russian Federation ( Remember that your visa must be extended at least 45 days prior to the expiration of your current visa. If you submit the documents later, you won't be able to extend your visa and will have to go outside the Russian Federation and apply for a new visa by invitation.  After the extension of the visa (the process takes approximately 30 days) it is necessary to register at the Migration Service once again on the day of getting the new visa.
  16. Submit a set of documents for obtaining a certificate of educational recognition (if such recognition is required in the Russian Federation: if there is no international treaty on mutual recognition of education documents. List of countries and treaties: The procedure for submitting documents and obtaining a certificate of educational recognition:
  17. Undergo a medical examination, fingerprinting and photographing in accordance with the requirements of federal legislation of the Russian Federation ( and provide confirmations to the university. Please note that procedures usually take at least one week to complete. Therefore, it is highly recommended to start going through them as early as possible in order to avoid violating Russian law.
  18. Get a SIM card from a mobile operator in Moscow and provide a contact phone number to the university (

If you still have questions - you can contact the university at any convenient time, just message us on Telegram: (+7 995 922 0255).

This page is periodically updated. Last updated on: September 09, 2022 (clarified information on the algorithm of check-in and medical documents required for check-in in the dormitory, health insurance policy and the Moscow student card; information and a list of required documents for foreign underage citizens was added).