The visa extension procedure for foreign students
In Moscow State University of Technology and Management named after K.G. Razumovsky
Required documents for visa extension:
- A copy of a valid passport (1st page and the page with the visa). The passport must be valid for at least 18 months. It must also have at least two blank pages for gluing the visa and stamping entry and exit. If there are not enough blank pages in the passport or if it is expiring soon, a new passport must be obtained;
- Copy of migration card;
- Notification of migration registration;
- Receipt of the state fee payment (invoice details are presented below);
- 2 photos 3×4 cm (black and white or color on matte paper);
- A copy of the education agreement (if you study on a paid basis)
- Referral from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation (if you study within the quota of the Government of the Russian Federation);
- Extract from the order of enrollment (can be ordered at the student office: https://mgutm.ru/staff_unit/divizion-organizacziya-obrazovatelnoj-deyatelnosti/studencheskij-ofis/
At the address st. Nikoloyamskaya, 32, building 1, room. №103 or by mail firstname.lastname@example.org);
- A completed and signed application form (you need to contact the department of migration and visa support (https://mgutm.ru/staff_unit/otdel-kadrov-student/otdel-migraczionno-vizovogo-soprovozhdeniya/).
Employees of the department check the set of documents and transfer it to the territorial division of the Ministry of Internal Affairs for migration issues. Each time after the visa extension procedure, you need to re-register for migration by contacting the migration department of the university.
The visa extends for a maximum of one calendar year. Further, the study visa must be renew every year until you graduate.
It is necessary to submit documents for a study visa extension no earlier than 3 months and no later than 45 calendar days before the expiration date of the primary visa to the department of migration and visa support at the address: Moscow, st. Zemlyanoy Val 71, room 503.
Invoice details for the state fee payment:
After receiving a new visa, a foreign student has only one working day to apply for migration registration extension.
The procedure for extending migration registration depends on the place of residence:
- Living in a dormitory - contact the migration department of the university;
- Living in a rented apartment - contact the owner of the apartment;
- Living in a hotel or hostel - contact the administrator.
It is important!
All hotels and hostels in Russia are required to register foreign citizens, even if the guest arrived for just one night. Thus, if you are staying at a hotel or hostel, your notice of arrival (check-in) at the dormitory or apartment will automatically cancel. Migration registration at the place of stay must be issue after returning to Russian Federation.
Some medical institutions issue migration registration in case of hospitalization. Be sure to check with the employees of the medical institution about the fact of migration registration before discharge. They will provide a new form of arrival notice (registration). Migration registration at the place of stay must be issue after discharge.
Contacts for advice on visa extension:
Department of Migration and Visa Support (https://mgutm.ru/staff_unit/otdel-kadrov-student/otdel-migraczionno-vizovogo-soprovozhdeniya/), opening hours: Monday-Friday from 9.00 to 18.00, off-hour: from 13.00 to 14.00.
Moscow, st. Zemlyanoy Val 71, office 503
Phone: +7 (926) 915-09-55